The Allergy Unit specialises in the production of allergen extracts for the diagnosis and treatment of allergy. Therapeutic allergen-based vaccines are recognised by the World Health Organization as the only medicinal product able to modify the course of allergy. The treatments are individualized and specifically aimed at countering the action of the allergen or allergens identified as causing each patient's allergy. Laboratorios LETI has the only range of allergen extracts protected by international patents. These are products of its All-Inn (Allergy Innovations) research programme.
The Dermatology Unit focuses on para-pharmaceutical products for skin care and other special personal care products, all of which are sold in the pharmacy and generally under medical advice. The research conducted by Laboratorios LETI has enabled the company to market the LetiAT4® product line for the care and hygiene of atopic skin, LetiBalm® for skin care of the nose and mouth areas, LetiSR® for the care of Red and Sensitive skin, LetiXer® for the care of Dry skin and Letifem® for the care of Female intimate area.
The research, development and innovation activities of Laboratorios LETI, starting from immunology and biotechnology as a common base, are grouped into projects or programmes within each business unit, but their strategic planning and resource allocation takes place at corporate level.
The Diagnostics Unit, the direct heir of the original work conducted by Laboratorios LETI, which was founded in 1919 under the name of Laboratorio Experimental de Terapéutica Inmunógena, specialises in in vitro diagnostics (IVD), research products and assisted fertilization products.
Our catalogue of products includes laboratory equipment for in vitro diagnostics and research, software and reagents in order to offer our customers the best solution in any situation. The most representative product ranges or business areas are:
- Primary care. Our goal in this area is to bring products to the family physician market, products for screening infectious diseases such as HIV and congenital diseases such as diabetes, as well as others for the rational use of antibiotics such as the C-reactive protein test or Strep A test.
- Microbiology. Laboratorios LETI focuses on products aimed at the identification of bacteria in the respiratory tract, such as streptococcus pneumoniae, legionella or RSV.
- Biochemistry. With a presence in the area of diabetes and with specific tests for the diagnosis and control of diabetic patients using Glycosylated haemoglobin (HbA1c), in the identification of food intolerances, HPLC special techniques, in screening for cancers such as prostate, colon or bladder, etc...
- Letitest Line. This offers our customers a complete panel of rapid tests for diagnosis of cardiovascular diseases, respiratory tract infections, tumour markers, ovulation and pregnancy, and infectious diseases.... etc.
- Research Products. Laboratorios LETI offers a complete catalogue of laboratory instruments, reagents and equipment for the development of research programs in universities, experimental centres or R&D foundations of all kinds. We are convinced that the research of today is the diagnosis of tomorrow.
Immunology and Vaccines Unit
Laboratorios LETI's Immunology and Vaccine Unit has the objective of promoting research and innovation to discover vaccines which prevent and alleviate transmissible diseases that affect people around the world.